Young Egg Leaders Programmme
Established in order to foster existing talents within the egg industry, YEL provides a fast-track platform for applicants with thriving careers.
The aim of the Young Egg Leaders (YEL) programme is to further advance the participants understanding by providing a range of unique opportunities and mentoring from senior egg industry figures and partner organisations. Through this innovative programme, IEC aims to be able to release the full potential of the next generation of leaders, who will ultimately be responsible for carrying the egg industry forward.
The IEC Young Leaders Programme is a key driver for the IEC to integrate and engage with high performing young leaders within the egg industry. This initiative focuses on providing an initial platform for the next generation to build upon the IEC ethos of forming long-term industry relationships with international peers; the sharing of knowledge to build a greater egg industry; and ultimately drive egg consumption globally for the benefit of all.
Aspirations of the YEL Programme
- To help young egg industry professionals develop their potential and become part of a global network
- To help egg businesses with succession planning by investing in their next generation leaders
- To communicate the scope, depth and challenges of today’s egg industry
- To introduce the IEC into the thinking of young leaders and share knowledge
- To grow the IEC family and develop the next generation of committee and board members
- To help the egg industry reward, motivate and retain the best people
The programme is set over a two year period with a new group of 6 to 8 participants starting every April. Each year group interconnects with the previous and incoming year groups to facilitate and encourage participants to build their personal network with programme peers.
The programme covers the subject areas below, incorporating guest egg industry presentations, leadership seminars, and roundtable discussions:
- Leadership within the egg industry with an emphasis on leading innovation & creativity
- Review of the Global Egg Industry – economic overview, spatial analysis and regions of rapid development
- International Representation – importance of this to the egg industry and individual egg businesses
- World Egg Organisation and its entities – representing the egg to drive global egg consumption
Want to join the YEL Programme?
We are looking for the sons and daughters of owners from the world’s dynamic egg production and processing businesses, who are already involved at a senior level in the business.
A new YEL intake commences each April, and runs for a two year duration. The YEL programme will begin ahead of and run alongside the two IEC annual Conferences (April and September) therefore participants must be able to commit to attend all four events over the two year period.
If you are interested or know somebody who may be interested, please download the prospectus below or contact Cassy Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
2020/2021 YEL group participants
2018 / 2019 YEL group participants
2017 / 2018 YEL group participants
2016 / 2017 YEL group participants